Sunday, May 25, 2008

Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar

I've been playing guitar for 12 years, and even though I don't play as much as I should, it's still one of my favorite things to do. (Here's a pic of my guitar collection.) Surprisingly, quite a few baseball players also play guitar. The only card-related evidence I've seen of this is the 1991 Stadium Club card of Eric Show (photo courtesy of The Baseball Card Blog).

(Guitar geek note: I'm 99% sure that's a Gibson ES-175. It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?)

Other players that are known for playing guitar are Barry Zito, Bronson Arroyo, Ben Broussard, and Bernie Williams. (If I'm forgetting anyone, let me know.)

1 comment:

tastelikedirt said...

Lenny Dinardo, and a pitcher for the White Sox a few years back he was really good can't think of his name, or for sure that it was the White Sox...Omar Visquel he plays drums and other instruments too AND put out a CD...Maybe Jack Morris? I can't remember.