Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Take a card, leave a card!

Everyone knows that getting free cards is great, so I propose an experiment. This is probably the best idea I've come up with in a while. Here's how it'll work:

I'm gonna gather up a pile of random doubles and send them to someone I normally trade with (probably dayf). He'll take the cards he needs, add some to the pile, and send them to someone he normally trades with. They'll take what they need, add some more, and the cycle starts again.

To make this fair, I've come up with a few rules:

1.) You can't just take cards. You can take some and add some to the pile, or you can just add some if you're feeling generous.

2.) For every card you take, you have to put another card in the pile. Again, if you feel like adding cards without taking any, that's fine too.

3.) The cards can go to people who have received them before, but they can't send them to the person they sent them to the last time. For example, if I've sent cards to dayf once already, I can't send them to him again. Someone else can, though.

4.) Try not to add a lot of "junk wax" to the pile. Chris Harris probably wouldn't enjoy getting a huge stack of '88 Donruss. (I wouldn't mind, though. :-P) It would be nice to keep a good assortment of different years/products/teams in the pile.

5.) Try to keep the "tiptons" to a minimum, and only for vintage cards. Nobody wants any '91 Donruss with bad creases and badly rounded corners (which sucks, because I have quite a few of them).

How does this sound? Leave me a comment if you can think of any tweaks I need to add, or if you want in.

3 comments:

deal said...

sign me up - essentially pay it forward with cards correct?

AlbuqwirkE said...

I was just wondering where that stack of cards is these days, and how that project is going.

Billy Suter said...

Well, I never actually sent one out officially. When I sent Dinged Corners that box of cards a while back, I told Patricia to send the cards she didn't want to other people.