Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Dinged Corners Questionnaire

Questions -

1-If I didn't collect baseball cards, I'd collect MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS.

Some might say I have a pretty good collection already. I have three electric guitars, an acoustic guitar, and an electric bass. I'd like to add a Strat-type electric guitar and a fretless bass to my collection, as well as a nice bass amp and an electronic drum set.

2-My baseball heroes include one you probably wouldn't know from my blog or comments, and that person is HAROLD BAINES.

He was my kind of player. He just went to the park and hit. No nonsense.

3-Every New Years I resolve to ADD TO my collection.

Heck, I make that resolution every time I go to Walmart, and I usually keep it, too.

4-If I could spend a day with one person from baseball history, it would be PETER GAMMONS.

This guy is one of the few people who I think really know what they're talking about when it comes to baseball. If I couldn't get him, I'd settle for JOHN KRUK. I'm sure he'd talk to a fellow West Virginian.

Questions 2: Electric Boogaloo -

1-What is your favorite kind of dog? BLUE HEELER

My best friend's parents have one, and he's gotta be the coolest dog ever!

2-Who is your favorite baseball player? SADAHARU OH

He's the real home run king. Nobody's gonna beat 868.

3-What is your favorite team? PIRATES

As I've said earlier, being a Pirates fan is like rooting for the Titanic, but I don't care. Look at the two teams that were in the World Series this year. Did anyone think that the losingest team in MLB history and a team that had never had a winning season would be in it? If they can make it, I'm sure the Pirates will have another winning season. Just give it another 50 years or so.

4-What is your favorite baseball movie? I DON'T KNOW

I don't think I've ever seen a "baseball movie" all the way through. Oops.

5-What is your favorite baseball book? BALL FOUR

It paved the way for every baseball book to come. The only books that come close to this are the books by Ron Luciano.

6-What is your favorite card?

No comments: